Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My First Apartment Experience

I moved into my first apartment last winter. It was among one of the fine Chicago apartments. I got many things moved into my apartment by 11pm, just some boxes and my washer dryer and freezer. My dad had some friends who came helped that night and the next day. That Friday night I slept on a blow up camping mattress on the floor since my bed was still in the truck. Saturday morning the cable guy came at 7 to connect; I had no TV in the house and had to dig my modem, router and laptop out of a box in my car for him. By 3pm I got all my stuff in with help, also got the truck returned too. I really didn't have a lot of furniture since I gave some of it to my mother and sister so some rooms were nearly empty. Now I have the place full enough.

The life in an apartment did take getting used too. I was not used to hearing occasional noise from my tenants and the people that lived in the house attached to mine. It was also the first time in years I had lived alone with no one except my cat, I had almost always had a room mate or family living with me. Once I got the unpacking done and was settled in I was one minute thankful to have the quiet and solitude and the next feeling a little lonely. Now I have adjusted fairly well the light random noises from neighbors I hardly notice, I go out and visit friends a few times a week to keep from feeling lonely and when I get bored at home I work on painting and other improvement tasks. I now I like being in my apartment and I am fine with being alone, in fact I prefer it over how I used to live and what I put up with.

Related Links:
Conservatories uk

No comments: